Friday, February 21, 2014

Warwick / Worcester




Warwick Castle
This is a medieval castle built by William the Conqueror in 1066. If there is anything that I will retain for the rest of my life from this trip to London, it will be that the Norman Conquest was in 1066 led by William the Conqueror. This castle has been inhabited ever since by the Earls of Warwick until about only 30 years ago.







 So windy that there was potential to be toppled over


Selfie with the Nikon at Warwick

Brionna and Betsy

Hali, Hannah, Abbie, Lindsey, Saren















Worcester

 Worcester Abbey (Photo stolen from Abbie)




When I first arrived, food was unbelievably expensive and I thought that this would be a great 3-4 month diet. But then these delectable chocolatey treats were discovered and soon became my diet's demise. Now I can't buy these or else they will guaranteed be gone in a day and I will be left looking at myself in disgust with a mild hint of pride.
 

 I've never been much of a cook although baking was always something I enjoyed. Coming here has forced me to learn how to cook more. I have also been unable to bake much since it requires so many ingredients and our kitchen is tiny. It's been fun learning how to cook. Some new favorite dinners are tortellini with red cream sauce and Tikka Masala. Shout out to my sis Melissa for the inspiration. Thanks Meena!



1 comment:

  1. I saw the picture and I thought "Digestives" were a fun way to keep you regular ;).

    ReplyDelete