Friday, February 7, 2014

Bodiam Castle / Canterbury

 
First, here are some random outings during the week


 
Lindsey and I at the London Chamber Orchestra Concert


I have attended some fabulous shows while being here. Matilda was just amazing and those children are so talented. Henry V was incredible during the second half. I admittedly was dozing on and off during the first but Jude Law was fabulous. I was just amazed with how much talent he has. The Mouse Trap was pretty good. It was a must see considering how long it has been running but, admittedly, I was dozing off during some parts of this one as well.


Matilda the Musical




  Red Ribbons in our hair :: Jo, Hannah, Kristen, Jill, Abbie, Hali, Betsy

Henry V with Jude Law
 

Christine, Saren, Hali, Jill, Abbie, Madi 


Mouse Trap




Jill, Christine, Abbie, Hali



After Mouse trap we squinted our eyes and threw up some deuces to celebrate 

Chinese New Year in nowhere else but Chinatown.







 
Bodiam Castle

There are 3 things you need to know about Bodiam Castle.

1. It was built in the 1300's. Which means that it's really old.

2. It has a glorious moat full of ducks and thousand-year-old sewage.

3. It starred in Monty Python.



Welcome to Bodiam Castle, all.




  Inside the Castle
  View from the south tower
 
Out the window :: a well / community latrine / swimming hole ?








Hannah and Jill



Canterbury

The sun was shining while in Canterbury and it was brilliant.



Old Abbey ruins








Canterbury Cathedral


Conductor's Stand :: Shrine of the Martyrdom of Thomas Beckett 

Candle lit for Thomas Beckett




My favorite window in the Cathedral


If anybody wonders, this is what my week generally looks like.

Monday: Class for 3 hours, FHE in the evening
Tuesday: Class for 3 hours
Wednesday: Day trip outside of London 
Thursday: Class for 3 hours, Religion class in the evening
Friday: Day Trip inside of London (today I visited Kensington Palace and the Victoria and Albert Museum)
Saturday: Free day to check off things on my to-do list
Sunday: Church with travel takes about 4-5 hours, Fireside in the evening
 

London has been so great for me. I especially love all the wonderful people on the program with me. These are some of the greatest people that I can surround myself with everyday and they inspire me all the time. I am amazed, just seriously blown away with how fabulous some of these girls are.
My roommates are awesome. If we even spend a few hours away from each other it is strange and we have to catch up with what we have been up to. We do almost everything together. It's been great in every way but one. Let me just say that we've grown so close that we are very in sync. Haha. We know each other's likes and dislikes and our pillow talk lasts for hours. We have a lot of fun and I couldn't ask for better roommates.



No comments:

Post a Comment