Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stonehenge / Bath




Stonehenge




We tried to make a human Stonehenge. Let's just say that we struggled.



After a few attempts, we managed this beaut.
Stonehenge 2.0


Bath


It was really neat here in the Roman Baths. The water, though quite murky, was a beautiful shade of green. And the steam flowing from it was somewhat serene. Below is where the stream flows from and then you can see the flow go underneath the floor in the next photos. I thought the condensation on the floor was pretty neat.









This was the pool with a bunch of coins in it. The room was dimly lit and the coins seems to glimmer in the water. It felt mystical in there.


There was free ice skating at the Frost Fair so we meandered over and had a blissful time.


Let's talk about school. School has been kind of crazy to be perfectly honest. I figured that seeing as I won't be in computer courses and will not be working 20hr weeks at work, then I'd have so much free time and that reading some literature would be a breeze. This was not the case. School has been exhausting.
For class, we head to the Hyde Park Chapel and our Professor teach from a classroom in there. So far I have read Hamlet, Othello, and A Midsummer Night's dream from my Shakespeare class. In my British Literature course, we have read many works that are cited all the time. We've had to read old and middle English. It was not pretty.
In the history class, we are covering from the Roman times all the way to the present and we've learned some pretty interesting things about the sites that we have been fortunate enough to visit.
In our religion class, we have been taught about the times in Britain regarding the restoration of the gospel to Britain.
My classes are all really interesting and it has been fun to step outside the Talmage basement and release myself from the realms of code. Sure, it's not what I expected but I am learning so much and the courses are all such a great time. Our professors are pretty awesome as well.


I love going to church every Sunday. The Clapham ward has claimed my residency and I couldn't be happier. It takes about 25-35 minutes to travel there and once we arrive, I am plunking out some songs on the organ. I am unofficially the Sacrament Organist, the Primary Sharing time Pianist, and officially a Junior Primary Instructor. It keeps me busy but I enjoy it. The ward is mostly Ghanians and the little Ghanian children are adorable. The children are quite a handful to work with but we get by every week. In a few days the other three girls that go to church with me are doing a musical number in sacrament meeting. We picked an amazing arrangement of In Humility, Our Savior and I hope it goes well!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say JEALOUS on the roman bath visit! I was in Rome and hoping to see a bath just like this one, but NO mine wasn't anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Glad you see you having fun.

    ReplyDelete