Thursday, April 24, 2014

North Trip: Part II



Hadrian's Wall
Super foggy.






Haworth
This is where the Bronte sisters lived and wrote their novels. It was easy to see why their novels were so depressing; it was the gloomiest weather and atmosphere there in Haworth and the moors. Not only was it bitter cold, but the Bronte's basically lived in a graveyard and people were dying from bad sewage left and right.

Coldest and windiest of my time in England. SO COLD.


The moors


Fountain's Abbey
We went to Fountain's Abbey because our visit to Chatsworth fell through which was a real bummer. I could have stepped foot in Mr. Darcy's home! Fountain's Abbey was a bit of a mystery since we didn't know anything about it when we arrived but it was beautiful regardless.


These two above photos are probably my favorite photos that I took all semester. The light illuminated those rooms perfectly and it captured what I saw very nicely.












No comments:

Post a Comment