Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blenheim Palace / Oxford






Blenheim Palace
This palace is massive. It was given as a gift to John Churchill the first Duke of Marlborough after he won a battle in the military. The Queen must have really appreciated him and his doings because this place was probably larger than any house of hers. To me, it seemed larger than Hampton Court, Kensington Palace, and Buckingham Palace in both the structure as well as the grounds. Winston Churchill was born here.














Oxford
During the Oxford versus Cambridge boat race, I must admit that I cheered for Oxford in my heart. Oxford was pretty sweet. It had a beautiful campus with its 38 different colleges and it was neat to hear all the traditions they have that students still participate in like dressing up for their halfway mark in school. Also my girl crush, Emma Watson, went here.








Remember this? Let me jog your memory...



The pub where J.R.R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis chatted it up


Speaking of Harry Potter, apparently I'm a Slytherin.




No comments:

Post a Comment